When applying for an apartment or townhome at Middletown Trace, all prospective APPLICANTS and OCCUPANTS who are 18 years or older must submit an application and adhere to the following procedures:
1. A non-refundable application fee of $50 per applicant/co-signer is required and $25 for each additional applicant.
Application fees may be paid by credit/debit card and/or money order only. Personal checks or cash will not be accepted.
A $250 deposit for a deluxe style unit or $100 deposit for a traditional style unit is due within two days (48 hours) of application approval. This deposit must be paid with a debit or credit card only and will be applied towards your security deposit upon move-in. Deposit will be non-refundable if you should cancel after 48 hours of submission. If an applicant should change the date of move-in after deposit and township inspection fees have been submitted and lease paperwork has been prepared a $100 administrative fee will be charged for the preparation of new paperwork.
Middletown Township requires an apartment/townhome inspection (Certificate of Occupancy) prior to move-in date. A fee of $75 (must be paid with a debit or credit card only) is the responsibility of the leaseholder. Inspection fee must be paid within two days (48 hours) and included with the payment of the deposit mentioned above. If an applicant should change the date of move-in after deposit and township inspection fees have been submitted and lease paperwork has been prepared a $100 administrative fee will be charged for the preparation of new paperwork.
2. Two forms of identification are required when completing applications. (If applicant does not provide these documents at time of application they must be submitted within 48 hours of approval or application may be subject to cancellation).
a) Valid Social Security Number/Card (no exceptions)
If Social Security Card indicates “Valid for work only with INS/DHS authorization” on it, additional documentation will be required. Please see attached.
- b) If applicant does not have a valid Social Security Number/Card, a valid Federal Tax I.D./Card may be accepted. (The tax I.D. number should begin with the number “9”).
- c) Valid Picture I.D. (i.e. Driver’s License, State I.D. or Passport Visa)
To process an application, the following will be required:
- Head of household/Co-signer must be eighteen (18) years or older.
- Applicants/Co-signers must be gainfully employed. *
- Two (2) most recent pay stubs must be submitted and/or official offer letter or contract from current employer.
- A thorough credit investigation will be conducted through Weimark. Applicant approval and security deposit amount is based on specific criteria. Criteria information is available for review.
Lease signing is scheduled once the approval of application is completed. Lease signing is conducted either the day of the move in or just prior. We require pro-rated and/or first month’s rent, amenity fee, pet fee if applicable and security deposit at time of lease signing. Renters Insurance is required to be obtained by each resident as stated in paragraph 13 of the lease agreement. Proof of renter’s insurance (declaration page) must be submitted on or prior to move in date. A combined single limit of $300,000 for property damage and personal injury is required and must be stated on proof submitted.
At lease signing you will need to provide proof of renters insurance that complies with the requirements in the lease.