FOREST HILLS APPLICATION CRITERIA
Please read our application criteria and community policies below. An application must be submitted by every adult who will live in the apartment.
• Application Fee*: $50.00 fee for first adult applicant (non-refundable). $25 per additional applicant.
• Refundable Deposit: $250 towards your first month’s rent (Deposit may be forfeited after three days of application approval or upon applicants notice of cancellation to move in.)
Once the application is approved, you will need to provide the following:
1. First month’s rent. This deposit must be paid within 48 hours in order to hold the apartment.
2. Once approved, you will need to provide a Money Order or Certified Check of $45.00 for the Township Inspection (made payable to “Township of Bloomfield”)
3. At lease signing, you will need to provide 1 or 1 1/2 months rent for your security deposit based on our scoring model.
*Payment may be in the form of: Money Order or Certified Check made payable to “SF Forest Hill Properties Owner IV LP”.
Income: Each occupant over the age of 18 is required to complete an application. Each applicant must demonstrate a verifiable income. There is a minimum monthly income of 2.5 times the monthly rent to qualify.
Combined Income: The combined income of roommates will be considered, provided each applicant earns a minimum of 60% of the total qualifying income.
Credit: A credit history depicting any of the following may be grounds for denial:
a. Unpaid liens or judgments.
b. Bankruptcy, unless applicant can provide verification that positive credit has been reestablished and maintained after three years of discharge.
c. We use a statistically validated scoring model, which measures each applicants risk in terms of paying their monthly rent. The model takes into consideration many aspects of an applicant’s credit history and income to determine the amount of risk for that particular applicant. Management has set specific decision points within the models score range for Forest Hills Apartments.
Rental History: Applicant must demonstrate a minimum of two (2) years rental or ownership history if applicable. History of a poor payment record, destructive or abusive behavior or poor housekeeping practices will be grounds for denial.
Co-signers: Co-signers will be considered only where income is deficient, not with credit or job defaults. Co-signers must qualify at 1.5 times the qualifying income.
Criminal: A criminal background check will be run on all initially approved applications. Any conviction of a crime may result in the application being denied.
Occupancy: There is a maximum occupancy limit on each type of apartment. One bedroom – 2 occupants, two bedrooms – 4 occupants. Violation of this regulation will result in eviction if not corrected immediately.
Please be advised that the submission of your application does not hold an apartment. An apartment will only be held for you once we receive the required deposit. Our company policy is based on a first come, first served basis.
Every applicant will be required to submit the following documentation:
1. Copy of Photo Identification (for each applicant)
2. Copy of Social Security Card (for each applicant)
3. Proof of Income (Last thirty days of pay stubs or employee verification – click here to download/view)
4. Landlord Verification (Click here to download/view)
5. Multiple Dwelling Reporting Rule Tenant Applicant Inquiry (Download here)
6. Completed Application
Lease Term: 12 Months
Garages: $85.00 per month
Reserved Parking: $55 per month
Month to Month: $100.00 per month after initial lease term
Pet Fee: No pets are allowed in Forest Hills Apartments. See our pet policy for other nearby options.
Internal Transfer: Only allowed after initial lease term has been fulfilled. $500 if during lease term, no charge if term is fulfilled. You may only up/down grade; lateral transfers are not permitted.
Rent Includes: Heat and hot water. Resident is responsible for electric, cooking gas and renters insurance.