HAYES HOUSE APPLICATION CRITERIA
Please read our application criteria and community policies below. An application must be submitted by every adult who will live in the apartment.
Application Fee: $35.00 for each adult applicant.
Once your application has been approved, you will need to provide the following:
1. Deposit in the amount of one month’s rent.
2. At lease signing, you will need to provide payment for your security deposit in the amount 1½ months rent.
3. We accept Money order or Certified Bank Check made out to Hayes House, LLC or Debit or Credit card.
Income: Each occupant over the age of 18 is required to complete an application. Each applicant must demonstrate a verifiable income. The minimum annual income requirements must be 3X the monthly rent.
Combined Income: The combined income of roommates will be considered, provided each applicant earns a minimum of 60% of the total qualifying income.
Credit: A credit history depicting any of the following may be grounds for denial:
- Unpaid liens or judgements
- Bankruptcy, unless applicant can provide verification that positive credit has been reestablished and maintained after three years of discharge
- A credit score of less than 600
Rental History: Applicant must demonstrate a minimum of two years rental or ownership history if applicable. History of a poor payment record, destructive or abusive behavior or poor housekeeping practices will be grounds for denial.
Co-signers: Co-signers will be considered only where income is deficient, not with credit or job defaults. Co-signers must qualify at 1.5 times the qualifying income. This option will be considered for students and senior citizens only.
Criminal: A criminal background check will be run on all initially approved applications. Any conviction of a crime will result in the application being denied.
Occupancy: There is a maximum occupancy limit on each type of apartment. Studio – 2 occupants, one bedroom – 2 occupants and two bedrooms – 4 occupants. Violation of this regulation will result in eviction if not corrected immediately.
Please be advised that the applicant must give a deposit within 72 hours. An apartment will only be held for you once we receive the required deposit. Our company policy is based on a first come, first serve basis.
Every applicant will be required to submit the following documentation:
1. Copy of Photo Identification (for each applicant)
2. Copy of Social Security Card (for each applicant)
3. Proof of Income (Last thirty days of pay stubs or letter of employment from current employer stating earnings – for each applicant)
4. Landlord Verification
5. Completed Application
Lease Term: 12 months
No pets permitted. Service animals for the disabled allowed with approved and verified documentation.
Lease Renewal: One year – Increase percentage is based on the Elizabeth Township Rent Leveling Board
Lease Termination: Forfeit 1 and a half months of rent.
Internal Transfer: $450.00 if during lease term. No charge if term is fulfilled. You may only up/down grade. No lateral transfers are permitted.