GEORGETOWN APARTMENTS APPLICATION CRITERIA
Please read our application criteria and community policies below. An application must be submitted by every adult who will live in the apartment.
• Application Fee*: $50.00 – first applicant / $25.00 per additional adult(Non-Refundable)
• Holding Fee: Payment in the amount of $100.00 as a refundable deposit towards your first months rent.(Deposit may be forfeited after three days of application approval.)
Once your application has been approved, you will need to provide the following:
1. Payment* of your first month’s rent. This deposit must be paid within 48 hours to hold the apartment.
2. Money Order or Certified Check in the amount of $50.00 for the Township Inspection made payable to Township of North Brunswick.
3. At lease signing, you will need to provide payment for your security deposit in the amount of 1½ months rent.
*Payment may be in the form of: Visa Card, Master Card, or Discover Card or a Money Order/Certified Check made payable to Georgetown, LLC.
Income: Each occupant over the age of 18 is required to complete an application. Each applicant must demonstrate a verifiable income. There is a minimum monthly income of 3 times the monthly rent to qualify.
Combined Income: The combined income of roommates will be considered, provided each applicant earns a minimum of 65% of the total qualifying income.
Credit: A credit history depicting any of the following may be grounds for denial:
a. Unpaid liens or judgments.
b. Bankruptcy, unless applicant can provide verification that positive credit has been reestablished and maintained after three years of discharge.
c. Poor payment history.
Rental History: Applicant must demonstrate a minimum of three (3) years rental or ownership history if applicable. History of a poor payment record, destructive or abusive behavior or poor housekeeping practices will be grounds for denial.
Co-signers: Co-signers will be considered only where income is deficient, not with credit or job defaults. Co-signers must have a qualified income of 1.5 times the monthly rent to co-sign.
Criminal: A criminal background check will be run on all initially approved applications. Any conviction of a crime may result in the application being denied.
Occupancy: There is a maximum occupancy limit on each type of apartment. One bedroom – 3 occupants and two bedrooms – 5 occupants. Violation of this regulation will result in eviction if not corrected immediately.
Please be advised that the submission of your application does not hold an apartment. An apartment will only be held for you once we receive the required deposit. Our company policy is based on a first come, first served basis.
Every applicant will be required to submit the following documentation:
1. Copy of Photo Identification (for each applicant)
2. Copy of Social Security Card (for each applicant)
3. Proof of Income (Last thirty days of pay stubs or Employee Verification – click to view/download)
4. Landlord Verification(click to view/download)
5. Civil Rights Form (click to view/download)
Lease Term: 12 – 15 Months
Month to Month: $75.00 plus renewal increase (after initial lease term)
One Year: Increase percentage is based on Rent Leveling Board
Pet Fee: $25.00 monthly dog fee, $15.00 monthly cat free, $250.00 non-refundable pet fee. See our pet policy for more information.
Internal Transfer: Only allowed after initial lease term has been fulfilled, no charge if term is fulfilled. You may only up/down grade. No lateral transfers are permitted.
Rent Includes: Heat, hot and cold water, cooking gas, sewer and trash removal. Resident is responsible for electric.