Please read our application criteria and community policies below.
An application must be submitted by anyone over age 18 who will live in the apartment.
The following is the fee schedule for application payments:
- A $50 non refundable application fee will be charged for the first adult applicant. Please add $25.00 for each additional applicant over the age of 18 that will be living in the apartment.
- A holding fee of $350 will be required to reserve an apartment. Holding fee is a refundable deposit towards your first month’s rent. (Deposit may be forfeited after 48 hours of application approval or upon applicants notice of cancellation to move in.)
Once your application has been approved, you will need to provide the following within 48 hours to retain the apartment:
- A Money Order or Certified Check for the balance of your first months rent made payable to: SH Club Village, LLC.
- A Security Deposit which could be 1 to 1 ½ months rent, based on approved credit.
- Signed Lease
We accept the following forms of payment for application and move in fees:
- Credit Card – Visa, MasterCard or Discover
- Money Order
- Certified Check
The following documentation will be required as part of the application process:
- Photo ID (for each applicant)
- Social Security Card (for each applicant)
- Proof of Income (last 30 days of pay stubs, W2 or letter of employment) for each applicant.
- Completed Application
- Employee Verification (Download form here)
- Landlord Verification (Download form here)
- Multiple Dwellings Form (Download form here)
Income: Each occupant over the age of 18 is required to complete an application. Each applicant must demonstrate a verifiable income. The minimum monthly income requirements is 3 times the monthly rent.
Combined Income: The combined income of roommates will be considered, provided each applicant earns a minimum of 60% of the total qualifying income.
Credit: A credit history depicting any of the following may be grounds for denial.
- Unpaid liens or judgments.
- Bankruptcy, unless applicant can provide verification that positive credit has been reestablished and maintained after 3 years of discharge.
- We use a statistically validated scoring model which measures each applicant’s risk in terms of paying their monthly rent. The model takes into consideration many aspects of an applicant’s credit history and income to determine the amount of risk for that particular applicant. Management has set specific decision points within the model’s score range for Short Hills Club Village.
Rental History: Applicant must demonstrate a minimum of 2 year’s rental or ownership history if applicable. History of poor payment record, destructive or abusive behavior or poor housekeeping practices will be grounds for denial.
Co-Signers: Co-signers will be considered where income is deficient. Co-signers must qualify at 1.5 times the qualifying income.
Criminal Check: A criminal background check will be run on all initially approved applications. Any conviction of a crime may result in the application being denied.
Occupancy: The maximum occupancy limit is 2 occupants for a 1 bedroom, 4 occupants for a 2 bedroom and 6 occupants for a 3 bedroom. Violation of this regulation will result in eviction if not corrected immediately.
Pet Policy: We are a pet friendly community and accept dogs and cats. There is a 2 pet maximum per apartment, some breed and weight restrictions apply. The following fees apply.
- $50 monthly for small dog.
- $25 monthly for small cat.
- $350 non-refundable pet fee per apartment
Parking: We offer free open parking. Garages are available for $125 per month.
Lease Term: We offer a 12 month lease term.
Lease Buyout: Upon first renewal, Tenant may purchase 60 Day Termination Rider for $500.
Internal Transfer: Internal transfers are permitted after the initial lease term has been fulfilled subject to management approval. Restrictions Apply.
Lease Termination: Equal to two month’s current rent, as per lease.