HIGHLANDS AT WESTWOOD APPLICATION CRITERIA
Please read our application criteria and community policies below. An application must be submitted by every adult who will live in the apartment.
In order to process your application we require:
- 1. A Completed Application for each adult occupant with supporting documents
- 2. Application Fee: $125.00 for each adult applicant (non-refundable)
- 3. Payment in the amount of $500.00* as a refundable deposit towards your first months rent. (Deposit may be forfeited after three days of application approval or upon applicants notice of cancellation to move in.)
- 4. Payment in the amount of $150* for the township inspection.
Once your application has been approved, you will need to provide the following in order to reserve the apartment:
- 1. Payment for the balance of your first months’ rent.
- 2. Payment for your security deposit equal to $1,000 to 1 1/2 month’s rent.
* Payment may be in the form of: Visa, Master Card, Discover, Amex or a Money Order/Check made payable to Highlands at Westwood I LLC.
Income: Each occupant over the age of 18 is required to complete an application. Each applicant must demonstrate a verifiable income. The minimum monthly income requirements are as follows: Three times the monthly rent.
Combined Income: The combined income of roommates will be considered, provided each applicant earns a minimum of 60% of the total qualifying income.
Credit: A credit history depicting any of the following may be grounds for denial:
- Unpaid liens or judgements
- Bankruptcy, unless applicant can provide verification that positive credit has been reestablished and maintained after three years of bankruptcy.
- We use a statistically validated scoring model, which measures each applicants’ risk in terms of paying their monthly The model takes into consideration many aspects of an applicant’s credit history and income to determine the amount of risk for that particular applicant. Management has set specific decision points within the models score range for Highlands at Westwood Apartments.
Rental History: Applicant must demonstrate a minimum of two years rental or ownership history if applicable. History of a poor payment record, destructive or abusive behavior or poor housekeeping practices will be grounds for denial.
Co-signers: Co-signers will be considered only where income is deficient, not with credit or job defaults. Co-signers must qualify at 1.5 times the qualifying income.
Criminal: A criminal background check will be run on all initially approved applications. Any conviction of a crime may result in the application being denied.
Occupancy: There is a maximum occupancy limit on each type of apartment. One bedroom – 2 occupants, and two bedrooms – 4 occupants. Violation of this regulation will result in eviction if not corrected immediately.
Please be advised, an apartment will only be held for you once we receive a fully completed application and required deposit fee/s. Our company policy is based on a first come, first serve basis.
Every applicant will be required to submit the following documentation:
1. Copy of Photo Identification (for each applicant)
2. Copy of Social Security Card (for each applicant)
3. Proof of Income (Last thirty days of pay stubs or Employee Verification click to view/download)
4. Landlord History (click to view/download)
5. Multiple Dwelling Reporting Rule Tenant Applicant Inquiry (Click here to download/view)
6. Completed Application
Lease Term: 12 Months
Month to Month: Upon first renewal: Tenant may sign a ‘MTM’ addendum for $200 per month
Lease Break: 60 days’ notice and penalty equal to two month’s current rent, as per lease
Garages: $100 per month
Pet Policy: Cats and Dogs Welcome. (Additional Fees Apply)
Internal Transfer: Only allowed after initial lease term has been fulfilled. $1000.00 if during lease term. No charge if term is fulfilled. You may only up/down grade. No lateral transfers are permitted.
Amenity Package: $550.00 for 12 month lease