CARLTON APARTMENTS APPLICATION CRITERIA
Please read our application criteria and community policies below. An application must be submitted by every adult who will live in the apartment.
Application Fee: $50.00. An additional $25.00 will be charged for each additional adult applicant.
Once your application has been approved, you will need to provide the following in order to reserve the apartment:
1. Non-Refundable deposit of the first month’s rent. This deposit must be paid within 48 hours in order to hold the apartment.
2. Payment for your security deposit equal to 1 1/2 months rent.
*We accept Money order or Certified Bank Check made out to Carlton Properties of NJ, LLC or Credit Card.
Income: Each occupant over the age of 18 is required to complete an application. Each applicant must demonstrate a verifiable income. The minimum monthly income requirements are as follows: Three times the monthly rent.
Combined Income: The combined income of roommates will be considered, provided each applicant earns a minimum of 60% of the total qualifying income.
Credit: A credit history depicting any of the following may be grounds for denial:
- Unpaid liens or judgements
- Bankruptcy, unless applicant can provide verification that positive credit has been reestablished and maintained after three years of bankruptcy.
- We use a statistically validated scoring model, which measures each applicants’ risk in terms of paying their monthly The model takes into consideration many aspects of an applicant’s credit history and income to determine the amount of risk for that particular applicant. Management has set specific decision points within the models score range for Carlton Apartments.
Rental History: Applicant must demonstrate a minimum of two years rental or ownership history if applicable. History of a poor payment record, destructive or abusive behavior or poor housekeeping practices will be grounds for denial.
Co-signers: Co-signers will be considered only where income is deficient, not with credit or job defaults. Co-signers must qualify at 1.5 times the qualifying income.
Criminal: A criminal background check will be run on all initially approved applications. Any conviction of a crime may result in the application being denied.
Occupancy: There is a maximum occupancy limit on each type of apartment. One bedroom – 2 occupants, and two bedrooms – 4 occupants. Violation of this regulation will result in eviction if not corrected immediately.
Every applicant will be required to submit the following documentation:
1. Copy of Photo Identification (for each applicant)
2. Copy of Social Security Card (for each applicant)
3. Proof of Income (Last thirty days of pay stubs or Employee Verification click to view/download)
4. Landlord Verification(click to view/download)
5. Multiple Dwelling Reporting Rule Tenant Applicant Inquiry (Download here)
6. Completed Application
Lease Term: 12 Months
Lease Renewal Policy: One Year – increase percentage is based on the Ewing Township Rent Leveling Board.
Month to Month: $75 plus renewal increase (must fulfil initial lease term)
Lease Termination: 2 month’s current rent.
Pet Policy: Cats and Dogs Welcome. (See Pet Policy)
Internal Transfer: 450.00 if during lease term. No charge if term is fulfilled. You may only up/down grade. No lateral transfers are permitted.
NSF Fee: $50.00
Late Fee: $75.00
Balcony Fee: $35.00
Rent Includes: Heat, hot and cold water