Orchard Gardens Application Criteria
Please read our application criteria and community policies below.
Please be advised that the submission of your application does not hold an apartment. An application must be submitted by every adult who will live in the apartment.
The following is the fee schedule for application payments:
- A $50 non refundable application fee will be charged for the first adult applicant. An additional $25.00 will be charged for each additional adult that will be living in the apartment.
- A holding fee of $75 will be required to reserve an apartment. Holding fee is a refundable deposit towards your first month’s rent. (Deposit may be forfeited after three days of application approval or upon applicants notice of cancellation to move in.)
Once your application has been approved, you will need to provide the following:
- First months rent to be paid within 48 hours in order to hold the apartment.
- Money Order or Certified Check in the amount of $125.00 for the township inspection made payable to “Borough of Highland Park”
- At lease signing, you will need a security deposit of 1 1/2 month’s rent.
We accept the following forms of payment for application and move in fees:
- Credit Card – Visa, MasterCard or Discover
- Money Order
- Certified Check payable to Orchard Gardens, LLC
The following documentation will be required as part of the application process:
- Photo ID (for each applicant)
- Social Security Card (for each applicant)
- Proof of Income (last 30 days of pay stubs or offer letter) for each applicant
- Multiple Dwellings Form (Download form here)
- Completed Application
Income: Each occupant over the age of 18 is required to complete an application. Each applicant must demonstrate a verifiable income. The minimum monthly income requirements is 3 times the monthly rent.
Combined Income: The combined income of roommates will be considered, provided each applicant earns a minimum of 60% of the total qualifying income.
Credit: A credit history depicting any of the following may be grounds for denial.
- Unpaid liens or judgments.
- Bankruptcy, unless applicant can provide verification that positive credit has been reestablished and maintained after 3 years of discharge.
- Poor payment history resulting in a risk score of under 600.
- Credit applications that are placed on a waiting list are valid only for six months from the date received.
Rental History: History of poor payment record, destructive or abusive behavior or poor housekeeping practices will be grounds for denial.
Co-Signers: Co-signers will be considered where income is deficient. Co-signers must qualify at 1.5 times the qualifying income.
Criminal Check: A criminal background check will be run on all initially approved applications. Any conviction of a crime may result in the application being denied.
Occupancy: The maximum occupancy limit is 2 occupants for a 1 bedroom and 4 occupants for a 2 bedroom. Violation of this regulation will result in eviction if not corrected immediately.
Please be advised that the submission of your application does not hold an apartments. An apartment will only be held for you once we receive the required deposit. Our company policy is based on first come, first serve basis.
Pet Policy: We are a pet friendly community and accept cats. There is a 2 pet maximum per apartment. The following fees apply.
- $25 monthly per cat.
- $150 non-refundable pet fee per cat.
Parking: We offer free open parking. Garages are available for $100 per month.
Lease Term: We offer a 12 month lease term.
Month to Month: $100 plus renewal increase (must fulfill initial lease term)
Internal Transfer: $450 if during lease term. No charge if term is fulfilled. You may only up/down grade. No lateral transfers are permitted.
Lease Termination: Equal to two month’s current rent, as per lease.
*Pricing subject to change.