THE GARDENS AT WESMONT STATION APPLICATION CRITERIA
Please read our application criteria and community policies below. An application must be submitted by every adult who will live in the apartment.
Application Fee: $50.00 for applicant. Please add $25.00 for each additional adult application.
Holding Fee: $350 refundable deposit towards your first months rent. This deposit holds the apartment for 48 hours only. (Deposit may be forfeited after three days of application approval or upon applicants notice of cancellation to move in.)
Once your application has been approved, you will need to provide the following in order to reserve the apartment:
1. A Money Order or Certified Check made payable to: The Gardens at Wesmont Station, LLC for the balance of your first month’s rent. This deposit must be paid within 48 hours in order to hold the apartment and is non-refundable.
2. Two separate Money Orders or Certified Checks for township inspections.
One in the amount of $50.00 made payable to, The Borough of Lodi.
The other for $75.00 payable to, Lodi Fire Prevention Bureau.
3. Payment for your security deposit equal to 1 or 1 1/2 months rent.
Income: Each occupant over the age of 18 is required to complete an application. Each applicant must demonstrate a verifiable income. The minimum monthly income requirements are as follows: Applicant must earn three times the monthly rent.
Combined Income: The combined income of roommates will be considered, provided each applicant earns a minimum of 60% of the total qualifying income.
Credit: A credit history depicting any of the following may be grounds for denial:
- Unpaid liens or judgments
- Bankruptcy, unless applicant can provide verification that positive credit has been reestablished and maintained after three years of bankruptcy.
- We use a statistically validated scoring model, which measures each applicants’ risk in terms of paying their monthly rent. The model takes into consideration many aspects of an applicant’s credit history and income to determine the amount of risk for that particular applicant. Management has set specific decision points within the models score range for The Gardens at Wesmont Station.
Rental History: Applicant must demonstrate a minimum of two years rental or ownership history if applicable. History of a poor payment record, destructive or abusive behavior or poor housekeeping practices will be grounds for denial.
Co-signers: Co-signers will be considered only where income is deficient, not with credit or job defaults. Co-signers must qualify at 1.5 times the qualifying income.
Criminal: A criminal background check will be run on all initially approved applications. Any conviction of a crime may result in the application being denied.
Occupancy: There is a maximum occupancy limit on each type of apartment. One bedroom – 2 occupants, and two bedrooms – 4 occupants. Violation of this regulation will result in eviction if not corrected immediately.
Every applicant will be required to submit the following documentation:
1. Copy of Photo Identification (for each applicant)
2. Copy of Social Security Card (for each applicant)
3. Proof of Income (W2, Four weeks of pay stubs, letter of employment from current employer stating earnings. Download here: Employee Verification)
4. Landlord Verification (Download here: Landlord Verification)
5. Civil Rights Form (Download here: Civil Rights)
5. Completed Application with all supporting documentation.
Lease Term: 12 Months
Lease Buyout: Upon first renewal: Tenant may purchase 60 Day Termination Rider for $500
Month to Month: Upon first renewal: Tenant may sign a ‘MTM’ addendum for $100 monthly fee
Lease Break: 30 days notice and equal to 2 month’s current rent.
Internal Transfer: $500.00 if during lease term. No charge if term is fulfilled. (Other conditions apply)
Pet Policy: Cats and Dogs Welcome. (Additional Fees and Restrictions Apply – see policy)