ROYAL CREST APARTMENTS APPLICATION CRITERIA
Please read our application criteria and community policies below. An application must be submitted by every adult who will live in the apartment.
Application Fee: $50.00 for applicant. Please add $25.00 for each additional adult application.
Once your application has been approved, you will need to provide your first month’s rent in order to reserve the apartment:
On the day of lease signing you will need:
1. $75.00 for the township inspection fee.
2. Payment for your security deposit equal to 1 1/2 months rent.
Payments can be made with Money Order, Certified Check (payable to Royal Crest, LLC), Credit and Debit card.
Income: Each occupant over the age of 18 is required to complete an application. Each applicant must demonstrate a verifiable income. The minimum monthly income requirements are as follows: Applicant must earn three times the monthly rent.
Combined Income: The combined income of roommates will be considered, provided each applicant earns a minimum of 60% of the total qualifying income.
Credit: A credit history depicting any of the following may be grounds for denial:
- Unpaid liens or judgments
- Bankruptcy, unless applicant can provide verification that positive credit has been reestablished and maintained after three years of bankruptcy.
- We use a statistically validated scoring model, which measures each applicants’ risk in terms of paying their monthly rent. The model takes into consideration many aspects of an applicant’s credit history and income to determine the amount of risk for that particular applicant. Management has set specific decision points within the models score range for Royal Crest Apartments.
Rental History: Applicant must demonstrate a minimum of two years rental or ownership history if applicable. History of a poor payment record, destructive or abusive behavior or poor housekeeping practices will be grounds for denial.
Co-signers: Co-signers will be considered only where income is deficient, not with credit or job defaults. Co-signers must qualify at 1.5 times the qualifying income.
Criminal: A criminal background check will be run on all initially approved applications. Any conviction of a crime may result in the application being denied.
Occupancy: There is a maximum occupancy limit on each type of apartment. One bedroom – 2 occupants, and two bedrooms – 4 occupants. Violation of this regulation will result in eviction if not corrected immediately.
Every applicant will be required to submit the following documentation:
1. Copy of Photo Identification (for each applicant)
2. Copy of Social Security Card (for each applicant)
3. Proof of Income (30 days of pay stubs or letter of employment from current employer stating earnings. Download here: Employee Verification)
4. Completed Application with all supporting documentation.
5. PSE & G Account Number (at lease signing)
6. Multiple Dwelling Reporting Rule Tenant Applicant Inquiry (Download here)
Lease Term: 12 months
One Year: 3% to 5% of the current rental amount. (subject to change)
Month to Month: $75 plus renewal increase (must fulfill initial lease term).
Lease Break: 2 month’s current rent.
One year: Renewal Fee
Non-Renewal: Requires 60 days notice
Internal Transfer: Only allowed after initial lease term has been fulfilled. $450.00 if during lease term. No charge if term is fulfilled. You may only up/down grade. No lateral transfers are permitted.
Pet Policy: Cats welcome. (see pet policy)
NSF Fee: $50
Late Fee: $50